Sunday, February 11, 2007

Life is Still Odd

It's amazing to me how sometimes tings seem to work out well in the end and how other things leave you more and more confused and frustrated.

First last night some of my roommates and I went to see a movie. The movie itself was terrible and there were some morons sitting in the front yelling the whole time. These idiots eventually also got bored and decided to leave the movie early and on their way out pulled the fire alarm, interrupting our movie. After the movie was over we got rain checks (free movie passes) to make up for the trouble. It was just nice to essentially get my money back (with another free ticket to boot) for a movie that I thought was really dumb and stupid. Although I'm not sure what I'll do with these passes since it is unlikely that I'll ever muster up the courage to actually ask someone to go out with me.

I thought from my movie experience things were looking up, but then life always has a way of keeping the score even. I ran into that same girl on whom I have a on again off again crush. It's just frustrating to me that I can't decide if I like her, if I don't and what I should do. To me the only vexing thing is that she is really cool and fun to be around, but I just don't see her very often and I'm not really the type of person who can call people out of the blue to see what they are up to. It really would be easier for someone to simply could up and say "Hi. I like you. I heard that you have some movie passes to use. I'm free Friday and Saturday." I suppose that I should just accept life for how it is and move on.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You could always mail the movie passes to me. I'm sure you owe me for something. And then you wouldn't have all this pressure to use them and ask out a girl.

12:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And you never told us who the girl is. You can email me with the answer.

12:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brutus, don't listen to Kathy. Her excuse for eating my food, when we lived in the same apartment, was that i had to have owed her for something.

Also. The purpose of dating is to find out if you like someone enough to pursue a romantic relationship. You can date someone without knowing if you like them for reals. That's the POINT of dating. Obviously you kind of like her, because you like hanging around her. So, the only thing remaining to be determined is how much you like her. This can only be figured out by dating. Or astrology.

Finally, when did this shyness come about? I had never heard you use this excuse before, when talking about dates.

If you want to ask her out, here are a few tried and true methods to use:

They all revolve around increasing the amount of time you are around her. This will let you know how much you like her, and will make it easier for you to pop a date. This can be achieved in a few ways:
1)stalking (a preferred favorite). I cannot give you any advice on how to do this; it is a matter of personal style.
2)innocently asking what she is doing one weekend and doing those same things, hoping to bump into her
3)just saying "Hey, my friends and I are doing something really fun (you'll have to actually put in some kind of event here) and you should come". Then actually plan that event.

Also, you can email me the name of aforementioned girl as well.

5:10 PM  
Blogger Handy or Not said...

How about, "I have some movie passes to use. Would you like to go with me Friday or Saturday night?" I don't believe there is an implied proposal in that question. It's just an invitation to spend some time with you. So you can BOTH make up your minds.

7:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home