Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Kids on the Bus

Lately I've been driving the same bus route, which means I see the same kids everyday. The particular route that I drive happens to be kids with "special needs" or kids that have severe mental handicaps (this is the route that is commonly called "the short bus"). We have one girl on board, who sits in a wheelchair and just screams and screams. Today I have never felt so blessed. Sure I have my problems like the next person, but I am healthy. All of my limbs function the way they were designed to. I have the ability to think clearly. It is just humbling to look at someone with mental handicaps. What sort of life is it to need someone to care for you all the time? It really is just amazing to me that most people just take their bodies for granted, not thinking about those who don't have it so good. It sort of just puts everything in a clearer perspective.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fun Fun Fun

7:00 AM  
Blogger Art said...

Test

7:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home