Sunday, January 21, 2007

Church and Life in General

Today, being Sunday, I attended church with my ward. At times I really loathe going to church and at times I really enjoy church. Today church was very good and got me thinking. I grew up a member of the church and even served a mission and yet it surprises me how simple truths continue to hit me. Today I was thinking about the person that I have become and how I have become that person. A comment was made that we do in fact choose our characters which really hit me for some reason. We do in fact choose who we will be. I am the person that I have allowed myself to become. All of my thoughts, hopes, and decisions directly show the person I am. I often just sit and ponder and today I took the time to think about who I was five years ago, who I was ten years ago. It is really eerie for me to see who I was then and know that those people directly caused the person that I am today through their actions and choices. That recognition gives me peace since now I know that in order to change the future me, I need to make the choices to become who I want to be today. My today's actions dictate who I will be, just as much as my past actions have dictated who I now am.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog is so deep. I like it.

10:58 PM  
Blogger Art said...

Thanks. It gives me a special feeling just to know that people actually read this thing.

4:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.

6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home