Sunday, February 04, 2007

Church Today

Today was Fast and Testimony meeting. I hate Fast and Testimony meeting. It really wouldn't be so bad if people actually bore testimony, but most people just ramble on about nothing and we always go over because of it. I also have a late sacrament meeting so the longer we went the better the chances were that I would have to sprint home to watch the super bowl.

At any rate I got to thinking. Lately I have been thinking about what I want to accomplish in my life and it occurred to me that I often plan for the success, but not the work that is required to achieve that success. I often see myself reaping the results of future actions, but fail to take into account for the work necessary for that success. For example before my mission I planned what my life would entail, being a returned missionary, but failed to take into account that I would have to actually serve a mission before becoming a returned missionary. As a result, my mission was really hard, harder than it would have been if I had adequately prepared for the work part of a mission. I think that in general to accomplish more in life I need to plan the work and let success take care of itself.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lavish said...

Moral of the Story: Driving to church eliminates any need to sprint home. :)

2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home